Noir is an amplitude/harmonic optical tap-tempo tremolo with all the modern features you could want in a small package.
Out of stock
• Rate — Controls speed of the modulation.
Randomizer — Adds fully random behaviour to the effect speed.
• Volume – Controls the overall volume of the pedal. Left is less, right is more.
• Depth – The amount of tremolo effect applied to signal.
Depth Rise Time — Adjusts the time until the maximum effect depth is reached.
• Multiplier (BPM-sync, Preset) – Wave rate multiplication knob. Also allows you to save and recall presets while tap-tempo switch is pressed down and set BPM sync while momentary HOLD.
• Symmetry – Turn the knob left to reduce the first half of the wave and stretch the second. Turn it right to reduce the second half of the wave and stretch the first half.
Ramp Time – Adjust ramping speed by turning symmetry knob while momentary HOLD.
• Bypass (Mode Select, HOLD) – turns the pedal on and off. Long press, while the pedal is off, activates momentary HOLD mode, so the pedal will be on until you release the footswitch. You can adjust secondary parameters, while momentary HOLD is active. Long press, while the pedal is on, changes amplitude/harmonic tremolo modes.
• Waveform (Waveform bank, Preset Bank) – provides two banks of eight different waveshapes. Change waveform while momentary HOLD to switch waveform bank. Also you can change preset banks for external footswitch.
• Tap-tempo (RAMP) – is used for tap-tempo with short clicks and speed ramping with long press. You can adjust ramping speed by turning symmetry knob while bypass switch is hold.
9V DC negative center power supply, 100mA power draw.
Noir has two banks of eight different waveforms. First bank is eight classic waveforms and second bank consists seven rhytmic patterns. Last wave in the second bank is random and can be controlled by MIDI, allowing you to build your own waveform.
Turn waveform knob while momentary HOLD to change waveform bank. Tap-tempo LED shows which bank is selected. Red – is default waves, purple is rhytmic patterns.
Multiplier sets the ratio of foot taps to tremolo pulses. For example, at a x2 ratio, the tremolo will do eighth notes when you tap quarter notes.
Noir has two tremolo modes: harmonic and amplitude tremolo.
In amplitude tremolo mode volume of our signal smoothly changing in accordance with LFO. In this mode bypass LED has a red color.
Harmonic tremolo mode is how the incoming audio signal is split in half into bass and treble frequencies. These paralleled parts are then modulated in different directions by LFO and then summed up resulting in nice vibe-like effect. In this mode bypass LED has a purple color.
To change mode, turn effect on and long press bypass footswitch.
Symmetry knob allows the user to make the tremolo more asymetrical in its waveform. Turn the knob left to reduce the first half of the wave and stretch the second. Turn it right to reduce the second half of the wave and stretch the first half.
The pedal has 16 presets available through MIDI and 8 presets available straight from the pedal.
To recall preset, hold the tap-tempo footswitch, turn the multiplier knob until bypass LED blink blue, then select required preset position by multiplier knob and release tap-tempo footswitch.
To save preset do the same things, but instead of releasing tap tempo footswitch, double click on bypass footswtich.
MIDI PC (0-15) will recall presets from 1 to 16. To save preset hold tap-tempo footswitch while sending PC message.
Depth, Symmetry and rate are controllable by the expression pedal. You can choose which one and in which direction will it work. To set it up turn the pedal off, set the required knob fully CCW to get inverted values, at noon to disable and CW to get normal values from expression pedal, then hold bypass footswitch and plug the power in. You’ll see blue led blink and expression parameters will be saved to internal memory. Both pedal controls and expression pedal can be used. Just turn the knobs or expression pedal to get data from it.
Expression input is the right small mini-jack combined input on the top of the pedal. You need stereo 3.5mm cable to plug expression pedal in.
NOIR mkII works with low resistance TRS-expression pedals.
If you do not use expression pedal, you should turn it of by selecting footswitch mode or it will get noise on its input.
Footswitch input is the right small mini-jack combined input on the top of the pedal. You need stereo 3.5mm cable to plug footswitch in.
Top switch recals first preset in bank, bottow switch recalls second preset. Long press saves preset.
To change preset bank, hold tap-tempo switch and turn waveform knob to desired bank (1-8 clockwise).
Depth, Rate, Multiplier and Symmetry knobs has secondary controls. Long press, while the pedal is off, will activate momentary HOLD mode. Turn the knob, holding footswitch, and the led will blink, telling you that you are adjusting secondary parameter until you will release the footswitch.
• Rate has a secondary control for the Randomization. Adds fully random behaviour to the effect speed. Left is less, right is more, fully CCW is off position.
• Depth has a secondary control for the Rise-time. Adjusts the time until the maximum effect depth is reached. Left is faster, right is longer, fully CCW is off position.
• Multiplier knob sets the BPM sync value. If it’s set to 1, your tempo will be rounded to the closest BPM value in division of 1 (120, 121, 122…). If it’s set to 5, your tempo will be rounded to the closest BPM value in division of 5 (115, 120, 125…). If it’s set to 0, bpm-sync is off.
• Symmetry knob sets the ramping speed. Left is faster, right is longer, fully CCW is momentary doubling the speed.
MIDI input is the left small mini-jack on the top of the pedal. You need TRS midi type-A 3.5mm cable.
CC 102 – bypass with waveform restart
>63 – on
<=63 – off
CC 101 – only bypass
>63 – on
<=63 – off
CC 105 – Waveform bank
>63 – first
<=63 – second
CC 100 – Waveform restart
CC 103 – Mode
>63 – Harmonic
<=63 – Amplitude
CC 104 – Rhytm deisgner
Select last waveform in the second bank and send any value from 0 to 127 to manually sculpt waveform.
CC 50 – Multiplier
0-14 – x0.25
15-30 – x0.5
31-46 – x1
47-62 – x1.5
63-78 – x2
79-94 – x3
95- 110 – x4
111-127 – x6
CC 51 – BPM sync
0-14 – off
15-30 – 1 bpm
31-46 – 2 bpm
47-62 – 3 bpm
63-78 – 4 bpm
79-94 – 5 bpm
95- 110 – 10 bpm
111-127 – 20 bpm
CC 52 – Waveform
0-14 – 1 wave
15-30 – 2 wave
31-46 – 3 wave
47-62 – 4 wave
63-78 – 5 wave
79-94 – 6 wave
95- 110 – 7 wave
111-127 – 8 wave
CC 53 – Symmetry
0 – 127
CC 54 – Depth
0 – 127
CC 55 – Randomizer
0 – 127, 0 to off
CC 56 – Ramp speed
0 – 127
CC 57 – Rise time
0 – 127, 0 to off
CC 90 – channel select
Send any value on desired channel to select it. Pedal will blink blue when set.
Presets recall from 1 (PC0) to 16 (PC15). Hold tap-tempo footswitch to save instead of recalling.
MIDI clock – pedal always accept MIDI clock.